My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN, United States

At this moment, I am a 60 year old lady living with a 61 year old husband of 41 years. I have a loving son, Scott, who is mentally challenged (aka mentally retarded), and a beautiful daughter, Dawn who lives near Boston with her husband and son. I never understood what all the hoopla was about being a grandparent - now I do! I am the poster child for the obnoxious old lady with photos in hand!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Few Clarifications!



The picture above was made just minutes before I had to leave Providence to return home after Sawyer's birth. I look like a spot-lighted deer! When I think of that day I, for some reason, think of the old church song, "Joy, Joy, Deep in my Heart!" - that probably is not the name of it but it was so bubbly and explained the JOY that filled every part of my soul! Absolutely nothing could have made me happier than holding that little guy before I left. I think Dawn knew that - as she repeatedly call the NICU to allow us in before I left. It was her perserverance that gave me that moment and I will forever be grateful.

When I got to the airport, it was crowded and it ended up being a mad dash for the plane- through security and the myriads of people who were fearful of becoming stranded in Providence by the snowy weather that was going on outside. Thankfully, I did not get a moment to think or slow down, or I might have called Ed and told him -"Honey, I have been delayed - and I won't be coming back for oh... let's say 18 years or so - until Sawyer grows up!" As I told Dawn this week in the middle of our cry session - I would walk through fire for that little guy - anything - as would all of us who know and love him.

I have read literature about Williams Syndrome this week - I have cried and I have prayed. I feel confident that Sawyer's name went out from every church in Clarksville and Todd County. We lift him and his parents up to the God that created them and ask for his blessed intervention and mercy -against this darkness that Satan has brought into our lives. I in no way blame God for this - darkness is not a part of his plan. I rebuke Satan for trying to bring us down! Our lives and our hearts belong to God Almighty and all my faith is in Him.

We do not know what news will come our way in the following weeks. However, this Grammy will not let another day be wasted on "What if". Nothing that happens or does not happen will change the love I had for that baby on Feb 12th 2007 or on April 13 2008!

I remember when I got off the plane in Nashville on Feb 14th after holding that precious life - we stopped in the parking lot and looked at pictures I had taken just hours earlier - people wanting our parking place could just wait. I told Ed-"Oh Ed! You cannot imagine how much love comes out of that child! He is so wonderful and such a blessing in our lives!"

So for all of you who share my belief that God is all powerful - all knowing and all loving - lift up those prayers and ask for Sawyer to get good news really soon! As for Satan - he can go back to the portals of Hell where he belongs!!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Tibbs World said...

I didn't know you had a blog. You have such a beautiful baby boy. We will be praying for him and you guys.

April 16, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home