My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN, United States

At this moment, I am a 60 year old lady living with a 61 year old husband of 41 years. I have a loving son, Scott, who is mentally challenged (aka mentally retarded), and a beautiful daughter, Dawn who lives near Boston with her husband and son. I never understood what all the hoopla was about being a grandparent - now I do! I am the poster child for the obnoxious old lady with photos in hand!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

OKAY! NOW I'M MAD!

I work hard! At 60 it does not take as much to constitute hard work - but I think, by most standards, I do work hard at what I do.

What I do, is manage a small non-profit thrift store to raise money for individuals with mental retardation. Just two old ladies who refuse to say "uncle" and give up the job. We are open Monday-Sat 9-5. We sell stuff really cheap. Everything is donated and we do manage to sell a lot. As a mother of a son with m/r, I see folks who have many needs. Living on SSI -usually around $640 a month is not easy. We try to help.

Okay- back to why I am pissed. Last night the other old lady closed the store at 5 PM. She cleaned up, locked up and set the alarm and left. Shortly thereafter we got the call that the alarms had been activated. Because we have had some "alarm issues" lately, we were a little upset, but Dollie (the other old gal), turned around and headed back to the store. Where she found the doors unlocked!

Someone had hidden inside the store until she left and then "thought" they were going to rob us. WRONG! You see, we have motion detectors. As soon as they moved - BOOM! lights, whistles and bells went off. We also have video and although it is grainy - we see the bitch (sorry) killing time outside the store smoking a cig- until she could come in just before closing and do her thing.

My husband and I have watched this video until our eyes are ready to bleed. Time to call out our secret weapon! We have a friend in the AV dept at the local college and I am hoping he can take this tape and search it frame by frame then print off a picture of this battleax!

I remember my mother hating a childhood friend of mine because she thought her to be a petty thief! My mom would not permit this child in our home. "I cannot abide a thief!" she would rant. She was right - I learned later that the girl would steal the fillings out of your teeth if you left your mouth open as you slept! Yeah- she was bad. Now I feel the same way. I have never had to hide things in our home. I knew I could trust my children AND THEIR FRIENDS. We always left odd money or jewelry laying on the kitchen counter and no one ever bothered it. Things like feeling secure in your home is important.

ARC Thrift store is my second home - I want to feel secure there too. The locksmith will be there shortly to add advanced locks to our store. More keys - more buttons. I suggested going to Rural King and buying an electric cattle prod! Run it under the clothing racks each night. That should discourage thieves from hiding under there.

I hope that nasty person got a good scare when that alarm went off! I hope they crapped their britches! Lazy no good person needs to go to work.

**Notice to our thief!***
Flip some burgers - mow some yards! Get a life and get the hell out of mine! You violated my security, my right to feel safe in what I consider my inner sanctum. Go to work! You are no better than the rest of us and we are tired of having to look over our shoulder at your bad deeds. Yup! Cattle prod - put it on my list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home