My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN, United States

At this moment, I am a 60 year old lady living with a 61 year old husband of 41 years. I have a loving son, Scott, who is mentally challenged (aka mentally retarded), and a beautiful daughter, Dawn who lives near Boston with her husband and son. I never understood what all the hoopla was about being a grandparent - now I do! I am the poster child for the obnoxious old lady with photos in hand!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Procrastination Stinks!


Okay - so I have a grandson. I have made that abundantly clear. I found the perfect gift for his first birthday --oh, sometime last Fall. It was in an L L Bean catalog. I considered ordering it and having it ready for February 12 when he will be the "BIG ONE". Nah - it is large and heavy and I did not want to mess with shipping it twice.




Knowing what I know now, I wonder WHY I did not have it shipped to my daughter and tell her to shove it in the basement until February! It is not like she does not have room AND since my grandson is not very mobile, it is not like he will venture down the stairs to the basement to hunt for future gifts.




Bottom line, I did not order it, and LL BEAN will not carry it until the Fall. I called "Joan" at LL BEAN and confirmed that it was not available. She knew what I wanted because she said she had many calls wanting that item. Now, that raises another issue. Is retail not in the business of selling stuff for profit? If you do sell toys all year, and you know certain items are big sellers, WHY NOT STOCK THEM ALL YEAR? Have we created plethora of companies who thrive on the short sell? Create the demand and then deny them access to the merchandise?
Just look at this face, (so okay, he is a little ham when a camera comes out!) does he not deserve my first choice for a birthday gift? I have found an acceptable second choice - took no chances and ordered it and had it shipped to MA. He is too little to know it is not the first choice; but I will always remember that I could not provide the perfect gift for Sawyer on his first birthday. Next time little guy - You will get first pick!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home