My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN, United States

At this moment, I am a 60 year old lady living with a 61 year old husband of 41 years. I have a loving son, Scott, who is mentally challenged (aka mentally retarded), and a beautiful daughter, Dawn who lives near Boston with her husband and son. I never understood what all the hoopla was about being a grandparent - now I do! I am the poster child for the obnoxious old lady with photos in hand!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

The older you get the faster time flies ... really ...

It seems odd that we do not always feel as old as we actually are - of course some days we feel much OLDER!

Have you ever looked in a mirror and saw how great you "thought" you looked and then had someone take your picture and you wonder what happened to the person in my bathroom mirror?!

Things have really changed around here.  For starters:  Ed retired at the end of last November.  A change I do not think either of us was ready for.  Initially, it was like I had inherited a conjoined twin! If he saw me putting on shoes (a sure sign I was going out of the house), he jumped up and asked "Where are you going?' Usually followed with "I guess I will ride along!".  That was all fine, it wasn't like I was headed to a clandestine  location - but after about a month- it did get a little constricted. 

Then in December, we traveled to MA to spend Christmas with Dawn's family.  A real treat.  It was the first Christmas that Sawyer and Gwen woke up at home, in their beds, on Christmas morning and it was very exciting for all of us.  Poor Sawyer got sick on Christmas Day and did not feel much like celebrating.  Thankfully it was a short lived bug and he was  up and celebrating in 24  hours! It was a Christmas full of pirates and swords! Ahoy Matey! Even Grampy had to become a pirate! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home