My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN, United States

At this moment, I am a 60 year old lady living with a 61 year old husband of 41 years. I have a loving son, Scott, who is mentally challenged (aka mentally retarded), and a beautiful daughter, Dawn who lives near Boston with her husband and son. I never understood what all the hoopla was about being a grandparent - now I do! I am the poster child for the obnoxious old lady with photos in hand!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Gwen!

Time has flown by this past year.  It seems just yesterday we were eagerly awaiting the birth of our much desired granddaughter - and now today - she is ONE YEAR OLD! 
In retrospect, I can remember waiting for another little girl - my baby girl - to be born. 

Things were less scientific back then- and although her daddy and I both wanted a little girl, all the docs said "be prepared for a  boy! - It is definitely a boy!"
 
Well they were wrong!  It was our beautiful little Dawn.  She looked just like her daddy and he adored her (and still does).

Her birthday came fast too - and while she always wanted to be older and bigger - I often hoped time would slow down so she would be my "little girl" for a while longer.

Now, my baby girl is a "mommy" too.  A very good one if I say so myself!  She amazes me with all she accomplishes for her two little ones.

Today, her little girl becomes one year old! The beginning of a rapid aging process. It seems to be the turning point from baby to little girl.

Gwen is so much like her mommy - I see her doing so many things just like her mommy did at that age. She can be so sweet and cuddly- and yet I see the wheels spinning in her mind as she plots her next adventure!

There can be no greater treasure than the blessing of family - especially the smiles of your children and grandchildren. They fill your heart in a way no material object can!

So, although we cannot be with you today Gwen, I hope you know how much we love you- we thank God daily for the blessing of being in your life!  May God watch over you and keep you safe in all ways.  Happy Birthday smiley girl! May your next year be as exciting for you as this first one was for us!

 Love you bunches
XOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home