My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN, United States

At this moment, I am a 60 year old lady living with a 61 year old husband of 41 years. I have a loving son, Scott, who is mentally challenged (aka mentally retarded), and a beautiful daughter, Dawn who lives near Boston with her husband and son. I never understood what all the hoopla was about being a grandparent - now I do! I am the poster child for the obnoxious old lady with photos in hand!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Our big boy is turning 3 !!!

On February 14,2007 my life changed forever ... in a very good way.  Our grandson, Sawyer Matthew Low was born.  Medical experts say you cannot live without your heart - well, I lost a big part of mine that day when I held this tiny little boy in my hand- and he never gave it back!
Sawyer was born on Feb 12th 2007.  He was a little premature and his binky was bigger than he was! He was so beautiful (still is!). As I flew home from MA on Valentine's Day that year - I wanted to tell everyone on the plane -I have been given the most perfect little boy in the world and I have pictures to prove it!

A few weeks later, Dawn flew home with her little "perfect" baby and Ed agreed I was right - he was perfect! From the picture of Ed meeting his grandson at the airport - you can tell - he was just as hooked as I was!
Over the course of the next few months, we watched from afar as Sawyer's devoted parents battled one scary problem after another. Sawyer had a hernia that required surgery. He had reflux that resulted in muliple clothing changes and concerns over his low weight. But grow he did and our love grew with him!

At his first year physical - our hearts were broken when the doctor's told Dawn and Greg that Sawyer had Williams Syndrome.  His future would not be the one they had invisioned - but day by day we have come to accept that and let Sawyer set the future for himself. 

It took Sawyer a little longer to do things - to learn new tasks - but he did it - in his true Sawyer fashion!

At a very early age, he developed a close attachment with his "Grampy". (Needless to say Grampy was already attached to him!)
Sawyer always had a buddy to go to the park and play with him when he was visiting Grampy!


I cannot imagine life before Sawyer! He is such a huge part of our lives now!  Each day he amazes and thrills us! 

Now he is almost 3 years old! He is a big brother now - he has a little sister Gwen... who I might add seems to think he is pretty amazing as well! He will start pre-school in just a few days- another step in becoming a big boy! As you grow up, always know you have so many people who love you and are cheering for everything you want in life!

So happy birthday little guy! Enjoy the cars (his favorite thing right now) and the cake and all the fun that comes with having a birthday.  We love you so much and can't wait to see what you can teach us next! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home